Tuesday, December 11, 2007


"attachment.less.more.daily"

"Who Knows Where The Time Goes?"


I crave this song, with its sad lament, gentle melody and its use of avian imagery of migrations. I have lived for the sweet surprises of migrations - spring and fall. Among the most played songs on my iPod when in a certain mood. Never grown a bit tired of it. Sandy Denny, thank you.

"I have no fear of time."

Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Before the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

Sad, deserted shore, your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know it's time for them to go
But I will still be here, I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

And I am not alone while my love is near me
I know it will be so until it's time to go
So come the storms of winter and then the birds in spring again
I have no fear of time

For who knows how my love grows?


Original image, coconut fronds at a Dade County Park beach:

2 comments:

Trijnie said...

Hi I saw you on my blog, thanks for your visit. Beautiful work you show here. I'll be back.
Trijnie from Holland

Jarod said...

It will not succeed as a matter of fact, that is what I consider.
asparagus recipes | horny wives | Sunday flights