I have been tagged and asked to write five facts about myself and tag five other blogs:
1) I was born in Havana, Cuba and lived there until after the Bay of Pigs. I have very fond memories of living there - I recall once walking to the end of a small wooden pier, diving in and swimming in a large school of tiny colorful salt water tropical fish. It was a quite magical minute in paradise. I was no older than six.
2) I remember when I stopped thinking in Spanish and thought in English - might have been in fourth grade.
3) I grew up in San Francisco and lived there through most of the 1960's, all the 1970's until 1983 when I moved to New York City to pursue art. I was too young to be a hippie but I remember the Summer of Love and I went to the Haight often but ran away when offered drugs. I just said no. Still, the 60's are my biggest influence and to this day I live my many tenets of that era.
4) I went to law school in late 1970's and I dropped out of one of the best law schools in the country because at the time money and career seemed less important. Blame the sixties.
5) I do not know five other blogers well well enough to tag them...instead I will put out my hand and ask anyone who reads this to tag themselves - Sue's rules here.
For an amazing site for `60's psychedelic posters go here. I still have the poster I pasted above. I used to have over a hundred Fillmore and Avalon posters, now I have maybe eight. I wish I had saved them all as well as the hand bills. Blame the seventies.