Wednesday, February 25, 2009






"details"

Here are details of a sample I am working on involving a tobacco box Madonna and Child shrine created by Cory of Art with Moxie. Cory is a painter and she makes beautiful jewelry. She has created a heartfelt shrine to honor her son and granddaughter, Mitch and Nicole.

Cory's shrine and others are being auctioned at Recuerda Mi Corazon to benefit the street children of Oaxaca.

Thank you, Cory, for allowing me to sample your art. My sincerest sympathy for your loss.

7 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

Beautiful images here John, well suited for this thoughtful message. Cory is indeed a wonderful artist and I am very sad for her loss.

Many beautiful shrines for a wonderful cause, thank you for the link.

Unknown said...

serene and calming. fitting. lovely.
there is something over here for you.
come and get it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hopeful blues.

Kim said...

wonderful images John!!
the blues work beautifully with the greens...
I'm jealous...
your rubies....just breathtaking!!!
have been off line of late ...personal issues and a "long story" rut :(

Mick said...

I see Bartlett's in the bottom image.

Cory said...

Thank you John and to the other thoughtful people who's comments carry me through these trying times.

Thank you for using my art to produce even more eye candy for the world to enjoy.

Love what you are doing with it.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

These are great! like a starry, starry night...the milky way and a summery breeze. Well, here atleast!