Sunday, July 5, 2009







Yesterday Greg and I had seats to the Yankees game against Toronto. To put things in perspective we were sitting in right field and these seats, given to me, were more than a hundred dollars each. Seats behind home place are about two thousand dollars each for one game. Below is a pic from our seats, admittedly with a BB wide angle lens.

My pictures above show three fans on the way to the game - one guy had a Yankees hat, Yankees shirt and Yankees shorts. We saw someone else wearing Yankees shoes. The second pic is a Yankees fan in a bright sun dress, post game, back on the subway Manhattan bound. And the portrait is of my oldest son, Greg, listening to his iPod on the LIRR train home.

It is easy to be a Yankees fan, I am not. At the Stadium there where fans with Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle and Lou Gehrig shirts on - each an icon of the game. Yesterday marked the 70th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's retirement speech.



The Yankees won yesterday in extra innings. Gehrig must have smiled.



Later we had an all American dinner and then roamed the neighborhood for illegal firework displays. Neighbors on some blocks collect money, go down to Virginia, and bring back massive quatities of outrageous dangerous munitions. We stay well back in case there is an explosion.

Have a glorious Sunday. Peace.

3 comments:

Irene said...

It's good to see your son, Greg, who is so grown up already compared to the other two little ones. Good photographs too! Especially the second one.

Mick said...

It was the best 4th of July ever for me. I got to stay H-O-M-E! :D

shayndel said...

I sensed it was your son when I saw the pictures. Nice portrait!
Happy summer days:)