Friday, January 25, 2008

Yesterday Kim from laketrees gave me another Dirty Harry award - hiding, again, behind an austere blue sky and some lovely red flowers. I am very honored and now have severe case of hay fever in the midst of a cold north eastern winter.


Kim is wonderful open kind artist and also remarkable because she puts much energy into linking artists, rather than just promoting herself. Some of her exquisite work can be seen here. Her poetry site is here, there, everywhere. I think I discovered Kim by following a poetic link from Neda, my Rosetta Stone to the blog.world. Kim's 101 Artists blog list is commendable. Somehow I was added which is another honor and she is also a regular visitor to my humble house of pan.cakes. Kim is a bona fide resource. Thank you, Kim.

I do want to pass this on to one more person - Bev, who I "met" last December when I still believed in Santa Claus and who, luckily for so many of us, did not disappear at the cusp of the new year. I followed comment links to Bev's gentle site and was charmed. Bev does not think she is an artist, but she is. Her photo portrait of her daughter is priceless. It was a moment of connection and love and trust. Bev is remarkably considerate and generous. Bright and wise and steady. Bev, your comments and occasional unique posts "make our day." I speak for others I am sure.

I will not point my 44 Magnum, the most powerful gun in the world, at you, punk. Sorry I called you a punk - just literary license.

Please pass YMMD award to others, Bev. It can be spread like a good STD. Just kidding. Gracias and three cheers with a a warm beer.



Now, I also want to start my own little award - something to honor members of our fellowship. The is no criteria for this award other than whim and grace. Maybe more whim.I call it the mon.key award and each will be custom designed (quickly). The first recipient is Kris for her uplifting posts, constructive comments and, let's face it, mostly her link to monkey mail.

Monkey mail has almost gotten me fired five times since I discovered it. Human Resources advises me you cannot use monkey mail to sexually harass, create a hostile environment or make fun of a protected class. OK.


Another thing - offspring must also be warned not to use monkey mail to make fun of overworked mothers because fathers will be blamed. Click here and then fire me.

Thank you, Kris. No banana jokes here. My best.

8 comments:

Kris Cahill said...

oh.my.god. I am nearly speechless, which takes some doing. But in this case it is because I cannot stop laughing enough to actually physically TALK. Luckily I can still type.

Thank you, John! Loved the Monkey Mail. You are a genius.

I can see you clearly now at that meeting: "Hello, my name is John, and I am powerless over Monkey Mail." And I'll have to say I got you started down that road. "Come on John, It's just a little Monkey Mail. What could it hurt?"

And my award, wow! I will display it proudly. I love its abstract monkey design. Thank you!

Kris Cahill said...

Hold on, did I tell you I am still laughing? I can't wait to show it to Noel!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am intriqued. Helps that I am naturally nosey...I'm going to go check out monkey mail...

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Oh, toooo funny! Addictive too.

Trijnie said...

Hi John posted yesterday two times (comments), they are gone, this is so strange

Bev said...

Thank you very much for the award! Really appreciated. I in turn have much enjoyed exploring your world and your fascinating art. I like the way your mind thinks - differently. Also a bracing male perpective and humour.

Bobbie said...

I love the mon.key awards. Better stay away from mon.key.mail for awhile :)

Kim said...

I have to say your mon.key award takes the cake and congratulations to Kris :)
warm beer and STDs !!!!LOL
thanks so much for your very kind write up John :)