Thursday, January 7, 2010


"in.the.land.of.waxwigs"

I admire waxwings - they are beautiful, sleek, social birds and are known to collectively get drunk on fermented berries in the fall. A waxwing was the first bird I painted on canvas with acrylics, years ago.

This is a mixed post, quilt and a BB to celebrate the Thirteenth day of Christmas. No more maids a milking or drummers drumming.

Below are Wednesday BB shots in Penn Station close to the E train platform - I panned a lot trying to get the person moving (mostly to the right). I like the results. It is interesting how I develop and them get bogged down in my BB photography. The scenes are limited and winter takes its toll on the bundled subject matter.

For so long I have moved the BB camera that it was refreshing to try to take a very still picture. Calming - requiring a higher level of concentration - less free form, so for now, refreshing. Hope you are well. Gosh, I wish the winds would die down, here.











5 comments:

Mick said...

It's all good ... a little less wind would be gooder.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I'd like a land full of wax.wings.
Are your wax wings the same as what we call wax eyes? Very small birds with brownish bodies and some moss green and black on their heads? Dainty wee things and a pleasure to watch.

John M. Mora said...

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Cedar_Waxwing/id

Debi said...

It's always a pleasure to see waxwings here, too. I've seen them only half a dozen times, always in the spring, traveling through. I love the whirring sound they make, and their feathers which are so fine they look like fur instead.

A hustle and bustle of bb shots here. Hurry, hurry, hurry.

shayndel said...

Another great 'track' and title.