Sunday, December 20, 2009


"a.winter.collection"


detail

I was not that happy with the earlier version - here it is retooled and retitled. The subject is COSMICaroline in her imaginative Halloween costume.

In late October we had dried leaves. Flash foward - we had two feet of snow to shovel today. I am not dreaming of a white Christmas. Our kids had fun, but my arms and back ache. Marie, my darling shovel buddy, also is very tired.

I am not sure how many of you know Debi Cates but she is a remarkable photographer and friend living in West Texas. Debi was one of my first blog friends and inspired me through her words and her actions. She allowed me to sample two years ago and if you click on her name under Labels you will see "old" work together. It seems like light years ago.

Debi and I will be working together, with my sampling (for the first time) some of her splendid full sized images and that is incredibly exciting for me. I really admire Debi's work.

Thanks, Debi. All my best.

4 comments:

layers said...

you never know where or how an artist such as yourself will find inspiration, support and friendships online-- I know I have.

Irene said...

I'm glad you two found each other. I'm sure it will be a fruitful collaboration. I hope it is mutual. I love today's collage. It is a heart warming one. The colors are very dear to me. You have been doing some excellent work lately. I see a real growth in it. I think coming back to it now has been excellent timing. You were more than ready for it. And we were ready for it too.

Caterina Giglio said...

I really like the reworked piece and the little "witch is gorgeous!

Debi said...

Happy, happy. Joy, joy. I feel very privileged to be imMora-ized.