Tuesday, November 18, 2008


"sliver"

Frances again, Cyprus, again - mucho manipulated.

An exercises....one, two, three, four - who else liked jumping jacks? I am still partial to squat thrusts.

Black is the new black. I know this is cheap. Sorry.

Here is a small version of a peaceful Frances photograph (I played with the color):



The sliver was taken from this snippet:



Cold.err in NYC today - saw my first flurry of the season. It actually was a lovely Nutcracker fairy dance flurry, but for my cold hands....heat bills.

4 comments:

shayndel said...

So intesting the difference to see something without the 'reference' or context. It is more unknown and you have to use imagination in a different way.
When I see the originals (amazingly peaceful), I tend to compare.
You brought that up about showing the 'context' for my finds, it's something to explore. I guess there are times when you want to show the image and the context, and times when you want to let the image speak for itself.
Open questions...

shayndel said...

Enjoy the snow and NY winter.
Somethings once so familiar, start to sound exotic when I've lived this far away.

lebanesa said...

I love both the mother and the child.
the colour change is interesting. The sliver looks like an exotic dancer - the red has a look of the cabaret.

Kim said...

I adore the red and black John...
I just can't help seeing these two transformed into giant wall size works...
the type of paintings that you would build a house around ;)