Tuesday, April 8, 2008


"harrier.flight.one"

I got permission to use the harrier photograph- this is the original shot. The blog is here. This is my least favorite of the three so I hope no one expected very much.

The linked blog has excellent bird photography with a stiff botany bent. Photographing birds in the wild is difficult. You have long lens, moving birds, branches, bad light - in the "old days" it resulted in a lot of wasted film. It is worth investigating this Flickr site. Go here for some nice shots of birds organized by type.

Southern California is a natural paradise.

Sweet Irene gave me another award - gratitude.attitude. I return it to to acknowledge her her constant encouragement, wit and courage. Thank you, Irene. My best.



I also pass it on to Andrea and to Lisa and to Sue. Kind and gifted artists.

Gracias, amigas, siempre.

2 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

Okay, I admit I was holding out for flight.one, I'm heading back to flight.three as my favorite in composition. Lovely harrier image and Flickr group.

Here is another wonderful site for you birdlovers.

http://www.birdchick.com/blog.html

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgment

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for the gratitude with atitude award. Your a big softy behind that computer screen of yours I am sure. Don't worry I won't tell everyone;)
Nice to see you using birds, I love birds. Not so mosquito's and definately not snakes!

BTW. School vacation = term break or school holidays. The summer ones are long end of Dec to the start of feb and they get a 10 week term then 2 week term break at the end of each term. Soon in other words...
PS BTW..no change in font or colour. Maybe you didn't eat enough carrots when you were younger ;)