I know that this blog is like vanity press, but sometimes once does get a surprise from left field - a French left field in our creative international community.
I have been given the "Arte y Pico" award by a very strong art blog than found me by way of a Kim's far reaching laketrees blog. Please visit the "The Zen-Images Ikebana Blog (Where West Meets East)." I am adding them to my links list. The art there is inspiring - calm studio photographs of serene Japanese inspired arrangements.
From Zen-Images I understand that ""bloggers at Arte y Pico...created the Arte y Pico Award to honor artists who create, design, and inspire regardless of language or culture. It's an international award for a global community of artist-bloggers, acknowledging that what we create helps make the world a finer place."
Thank you. I am honored.
Here are the rules for the Arte y Pico Award:
1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.
2) Name each of the five blog authors and provide a link to his or her blog.
3) Award recipients must show the Arte y Pico Award image and the name of the award-giving blog author, as well as the award-giving blog author's blog link.
4) Award recipients must provide a link to the Arte y Pico blog.
5) Award recipients must show these rules and also bail out the American economy (sorry)..
My five deep pocket choices for the Arte y Pico Award are:
Andrea, on a well deserved vacation.
Kim, whose portraits glow and whose blog unites so many artists.
Lisa, who makes nests of wonder.
Debi, who photographs snakes, weed, bugs and life.
Sue, a generous wo.man's weaving mandala wonder.
There are others, everyone should send money to Washington, please.