Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I know that this blog is like vanity press, but sometimes once does get a surprise from left field - a French left field in our creative international community.

I have been given the "Arte y Pico" award by a very strong art blog than found me by way of a Kim's far reaching laketrees blog. Please visit the "The Zen-Images Ikebana Blog (Where West Meets East)." I am adding them to my links list. The art there is inspiring - calm studio photographs of serene Japanese inspired arrangements.



From Zen-Images I understand that ""bloggers at Arte y Pico...created the Arte y Pico Award to honor artists who create, design, and inspire regardless of language or culture. It's an international award for a global community of artist-bloggers, acknowledging that what we create helps make the world a finer place."

Thank you. I am honored.

Here are the rules for the Arte y Pico Award:

1) Award five blogs that contribute to the blogging community through creativity, design, and interesting material, regardless of language.

2) Name each of the five blog authors and provide a link to his or her blog.

3) Award recipients must show the Arte y Pico Award image and the name of the award-giving blog author, as well as the award-giving blog author's blog link.

4) Award recipients must provide a link to the Arte y Pico blog.

5) Award recipients must show these rules and also bail out the American economy (sorry)..

My five deep pocket choices for the Arte y Pico Award are:

Andrea, on a well deserved vacation.

Kim, whose portraits glow and whose blog unites so many artists.

Lisa, who makes nests of wonder.

Debi, who photographs snakes, weed, bugs and life.

Sue, a generous wo.man's weaving mandala wonder.

There are others, everyone should send money to Washington, please.

3 comments:

Kim said...

ha ha John..
will send vouchers..
thanks so much for this award and the glowing words :) :)

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou John, you're too kind:) I shall proudly display it on my blog mantelpiece soon:)

lebanesa said...

Well done you and I second your choices for the award.
Yay all of you