Sunday, April 13, 2008


"clear.ly"

Paint.net again. Smaller version. So much easier to work with MS Paint size of graphics. Larger is much harder since cannot rely on experience or trained instinct. Icons become smaller details. But that is the nature of larger work. That which is larger than 11 by 14 inches.

A splendid Lisa heron - roof.top sighting. Presence of herons near your domicile indicates a healthy ecosystem. Predators are the first to go. Think about the Bald Eagle.

Also has bits of Sue's flowers. I might post subset parts of this image (Paint sized rectangles), possibly in my lint.trap - maybe here. Sort of what I did with the monarch. Te sampling will come from an earlier modification.

Work that I like does end up in the lint.trap. I am drawn to the basement because images there stand alone - wordless but for title (when posted). A friendly discount outlet for small finds, and leftovers in the creative process worth salvaging.

I posted the image above here because it is what I am struggling with now - working with larger files. This image is okay. Better than how I worked with MS Paint a year ago, when I relied on a model's grace more than on my experience.

Basemnent bargain hunting. Something for everyone, a comedy tonight.

Have a great day and week.

8 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I can scarcely believe it...I'm in the comments section of your blog! Now I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed that it dosn't eat my comment like last time!

Ok, sea.ford. Such a great spring pallet! I have no idea how you saw the potential for the tin dog in this but your finished work is a real celebration of spring growth. It's been raining non-stop for 2 days here and feels more like winter than autumn but atleast it will blow the wind of the trees and give us bare branches!

Love what you did with the heron, especially the whole images side by side. He's a well traveled heron now:)

I look forward to seeing what visual treats you come up with, with your new toy. Adobe 7...am a little green with envy myself!

Just incase I am unable to comment on sweet Irene's blog could you please tell her that do visit and I am thinking of her:) Sorry to ask but I feel bad I can't say so myself. I wouldn't normally ask!

I shall press publish now and hold my breath, if I don't comment again for a while I either can't or I asphyxiated....more likely the first! lol

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Wahhhhooo! Still alive and published. (just so ya know! lol)

John M. Mora said...

Thank you, Lisa. I left Irene word of your visits.

Please stop emailing me for heron cooking recipes. They are proptected and taste very fishy.

You also wil shoot a hole in your roof.

Unknown said...

i am happy i have both herons and harriers where i live. does that bode well? (but unsure about harrier herons...some of those egrets in a wind storm, perhaps...)

oh that we were closer and could go in on a large format printer together :-)

sue okieffe

The Artful Eye said...

I'm lost in all this talk of Paint.net and MSpaint. I didn't think one could ever do anything with MS Paint and geeshh...was I naive. I should have known better, as a believer that you could do anything you put your mind to.

When you say that a larger image is harder to work, are you speaking of manipulating the larger image on your computer. Size vs. what you can see on your monitor? I'd like to understand if it's not too difficult to explain.

Is your wish to have lint.trap images free from comments?- wordless?

Clear.ly- is light and full of whimsy in a sophisticated sense.

Maybe I need to start drinking.

John M. Mora said...

Andrea, with Paint the image is more of a close up - so each compositional element is a larger component, proportionaly. To do this with a bigger file, I would need to take a very tight close up photograph at the start.

Maybe I cannot explain it, I will start smoking.

I love comments everywhere - both positive and the rest - in the trap I do not add any words myself so it is more like a blank gallery wall rather than a traditional blog.

The Artful Eye said...

Does this mean that the Paint application won't let you zoom in or out while working on your image?

Sorry for all the questions.

Ignore me, I'll be fine.:)

John M. Mora said...

Paint will not allow less than 100 percent view - if file s larger than the Paint window, you have part of file off screen and therefore not visible.

What I like about Paint is that it is not slick. In fact incredibly limiting. Bad things are that it is a smal file and fonts degrade quickly.