Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yesterday Sue O’Kieffe of Sacred Circle Mandalas honored me a special award - "You Make My Day."

I am touched by Sue's gesture and also want to send one to Irene at Sweet Wood Talking. Irene makes gorgeous Mandalas daily and she has a rare dry wit and insight. Her written English is simply remarkable. Irene was one of the first here to welcome me with kind words and spot on honesty. I look forward to reading her blog daily.



In an effort to edify those willing to read this much, I must point out what a variation of that awarded phrase means to too many American men. I quote WIKI:

In one scene of the movie, Harry Callahan (played by Clint Eastwood) goes into a diner for a morning cup of coffee. A hold-up ensues during which the waitress is held at gun-point by the gunman, who holds his gun to her head and threatens to shoot. Instead of backing off, Harry pulls his .44 Magnum and aims it straight at the man's face and dares him to shoot, saying with clenched teeth and in his characteristic rough grumble, "Go ahead, make my day".


All that macho stuff aside, I also want to give one Dirty Harry-less award to Lisa in New Zealand. I like her work and her spirit. Her mosaic is garden perfect. A gardener that tolerates caterpillars cannot be all bad.

Because she is sleep when I am awake, and visa versa, I have inverted her badge....I hope no one shoots me.



Seriously, there are so may of you that I could give this to - all of you who come here and read and some who leave comments as well as those I regularly comment on. Kris, Diane, a woman in glass (please let her out or pour in two fingers of vodka), those that live in Texas, California, England and Australia. Thank you....

All of you make my art - you inspire me and push me and assist me. You all are honorary mon.keys - unlock the door. My blog is your blog.

12 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi John
Why would anyone want to 'shoot' you? No way, you sre so creative to make a daylightaward a nightlight award, yhats typically you!!! I like you for that,

Also my congrats to the persons you arwarded, I just have had the same award . last day so I take part in this waward haha?

Have a good day you:)

Kim said...

congratulations John...
I used to love watching the Dirty Harry movies just for that phrase :)
Clint Eastwood was absolutely brilliant in that role !!

Unknown said...

go ahead, john. go ahead. you will, anyway. :-D
~sue okieffe

The Artful Eye said...

John you are hilarious and talented, u.da.man Dirty Harry he.da.man. Thanks for making us smile, you deserve it!

Irene said...

Dear John, congratulations on getting this award and on being kind enough to pass it on to me. As usual, you are being your normal generous self, with or without awards, because your kind words are awards in themselves. I am glad that I found you and your blog and I very much enjoy visiting you every day as you are part of my ritual as much as my coffee and cigarettes are. Here's a big smacker for you.

Trijnie said...

congratulations John you deserved it. Dirty Harry I saw them all. I even was in love with Clintwood when I saw him on the b an w TV in Raw Hide....long long ago with Gill Favor

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris Cahill said...

This award looks excellent in reverse. No shooting from this end!

Bev said...

LOL Dirty Harry and congrats!

Bobbie said...

You enhance my life just knowing you and seeing your art. This award is so well placed with you. you.make.my.day!

Artists With Artitude said...

Congrats!! You're not the lone ranger anymore! Love the upside down wink :)

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Wonderful posts! I was truly enjoying them and then I see my name and my inverted award. How fantastic! I love your sense of humour and twist. I'm honoured to be an honorary mon.key.
Good work Dirty Harry!